Trapped in the Abyss - Poem

Trapped in the Abyss


Trapped in the abyss, i can still taste his very lips against mine
Soft and sweet, nice and warm
 To him every part of me wants to swarm 
Embracing his presence as his essence has me caught up in amazement 
How did we make it this far and which way will we go 
Expectations of lust that grew to so much more 
Despite limitations existent from the past that creep up uninvited 
Despite it we fight it because the future means so much more 
Persistence has taken us both to a new level 
Persistence from him, persistence from me together equals eternity 
But will he stay or turn on me, lingers in my mind 
Because not every touch that I've felt has been so warm 
In fact I still have chills from those who were so cold toward me 
Chills that come and go and then fade with each new warm touch that he gives me 
Borderline to perfection has me thinking is this too good to be true 
Or is this just another dream
 Another dream and im just now awakening to the dawn of a new day 
As the sun shines bright I awake to its beaming rays 
I awake to a new day in astonishment of realization as to where we might be 
Trapped in the abyss or free... It screams to me…trapped in the abyss or free…
So as to where we might be is dependent upon mentality it seems 
Presently im feeling caged by my emotions yet open 
Open to the possibility of us yet closed I supposed by actions that impose alternative means
With a closed heart and an open mind that rewinds the past 
In search of clues to how the present is presently here 
Reality reveals that the chills from cold shoulders gave birth to distrust and doubt
In addition to pain and rage
Although it’s of the past, I await now for the next new day 
As the burden of sorrow no longer lingers through the night. 
No longer stalks throughout the day. 
No longer trapped in abyss, I've finally found my way out of it's maze
The shackles have disappeared as truth is revealed 
Finally free to love freely and finally free to be me

By: Nikki J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment